February 2015

It has been a long while since I posted on a regular basis. It's been a couple of years getting over a heart problem and getting back to a reasonable facsimile of health. With that out of the way I am going to try and get back to posting.

In 2015 I was fortunate enough to travel to Las Vegas and take a European holiday. We travelled to Barcelona on a cruise that departed Ft. Lauderdale and made its way to Funchal, Portugal and then along the Southern Spanish coast to Barcelona. An excellent 2 week journey. After a few days in Barcelona we headed to Amsterdam for the tulip fields. Then it was off to the Mannheim area to visit friends and then to Munich to spend some time with family before returning home to Vancouver.

But I digress....

Back to baking adventures. I am going to try and change things up a little. We all read foodie blogs that show step by step showing how someone produced something spectacular. I look for hints and tips to making my baking experience better.

With that said, I am going to post my final pictures of what I was able to make along with my comments with a link to the original content. I'll follow that main page with a jump to the progress pictures. Hopefully this change will be a good one. In the case where I am making an original recipe, or substantial changes to an existing recipe, I'll be sure to list the whole recipe so that you can try it too!

Below is a picture from the recipient of a Christmas cookie box that I send out every year. Thinking back I have made at least 30000 Christmas cookies to send out over the years.

As always I want to hear your questions and comments.

Bon Appetit

HBM

Ps. if you are able to check out the gofundme page in the top right.. This little guy needs some help

A Tray of about 1/2 of the Cookies in my Annual Christmas Cookie Box

Labels: ,