Almond Filling

To go with the Sour Cherry Filling I made the other day I searched for a recipe for an almond filling.

I found one in Baking With Julia. I was inspired by this recipe. A pretty awesome book.

Almond Filling
For this recipe I used:

1 Cup of sliced Almonds
1/2 Cup of Icing Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter - room temperature
1/2 Teaspoon of Almond Extract
1 Large Egg - beaten
Almond Filling - The Ingredients
In my food processor I added the almonds, butter, and icing sugar.
Almond Filling - Almonds, Icing Sugar, and Butter
I processed the almonds as much as I could without turning it into almond butter.
Almond Filling - Processed as Finely as you can
I added the egg and almond extract
Almond Filling - Adding the Extract and Egg
And processed again until well blended.
Almond Filling - It's Ready!
With the egg... you need to use this right away.

Baker's Notes:

Labels: ,